DEWIonline.com is DEWI’s secure, Web based verification service. This service allows requestors, such as credit lenders, mortgage companies and prospective employers, to confirm a current or former employee’s income or employment information. In order to market our services effectively and with due regard for the interests of consumers, we recognize that we have an obligation to protect the privacy and confidentiality of personal information that we may obtain about individuals through this Web site. Safeguarding the privacy of information we receive on this Web site is a top priority for consumers, our customers and DEWI.
How we collect and use information on our website
In general, you can visit this Web site on the World Wide Web without telling us who you are or revealing any personal information about yourself. However, this Web site automatically collects information on our server logs from your Web browser regarding your use of the site. Examples of information we collect automatically from all users include the Internet Protocol (“IP”) address used to connect your computer to the Internet; and computer and connection information, such as browser type and version, operating system and platform. Our Web servers also automatically collect the domain names, which include the full Uniform Resource Locator ("URL") click stream data, including date, time and content you viewed or searched for on the Web site. We do automatically collect the e-mail addresses of visitors. This information is used to measure the number of visits, average time spent on the site, pages viewed and similar information. DEWI uses this information to measure the use of our Web site and to evaluate and develop ideas to improve the content of our Web site and our services.
There are times, however, when we may collect information directly from you, such as your name and e-mail address. Typically, the instances when we collect information from you include when you request sensitive or personal information from us. The personal information we collect is used by us only to respond to such inquiries. If you choose to share any personal information with us, we will only use it in accordance with the practices described below.
- Legal Requirements: The only exception to the non-disclosure policy is if disclosure is required by law.
- Cookies: This Web site may make use of "cookie" technology to measure site activity and to customize information to your personal tastes. A cookie is an element of data that a Web site can send to your browser, which may then store the cookie on your hard drive. We only use “session” cookies. These cookies are not retained after you end your session. A cookie may also be stored in the case of accessing certain pages of the site which need a username and password or in case of registering a new user. You can prevent your browser from accepting new cookies, have the browser notify you when you receive a new cookie, or disable cookies altogether by accessing your browser’s preferences menu. If you choose to disable cookies altogether, you can use the Web site but will not be able to make use of any advanced personalization features of the Web site, although the basic features and functionality of the Web site will be possible to use.
- Registration and Personally Identifiable Information: On certain pages, we may give users the option of providing us with names, addresses, phone numbers, fax numbers, e-mail addresses, demographic data, preference information and various other kinds of details. For security purposes, the e-commerce capability of our site requires users to give us unique identifiers (like national identification number and other password-type data). Unique identifiers are collected to verify the user's identity and ensure security for all users of the Web site. WE DO NOT RESELL, DISTRIBUTE OR DISCLOSE ANY OF THE DATA THAT HAS BEEN DISCUSSED IN THE PRECEDING SECTION (REGISTRATION AND PERSONALLY IDENTIFIABLE INFORMATION) TO THIRD PARTIES.
Disclosure of personal information to third parties
With your consent, we may share your personal information with our affiliated group companies worldwide that wish to send you information about their products and services that may be of interest to you. We will not otherwise disclose any personal information without your consent except under the following circumstances:
- In response to subpoenas, court orders or legal process, or to establish or exercise our rights to defend against legal claims;
- If we believe it is necessary to investigate, prevent or take action regarding illegal activities, suspected fraud, safety of person or property, violation of our policies or as otherwise required by law; and
- If DEWIonline.com, this Web site or a related asset or line of business is acquired by, transferred to or merged with another company.
Access and changes to your Personal Information
Privacy: Information about you may only be furnished to third parties that have obtained your consent and have a permissible purpose. In general, these purposes deal with credit, employment, insurance, rental or banking transactions initiated by you.
Access: Access to your personal information is restricted to our employees, agents, representatives and service providers, such as our data processing providers, for the purpose of providing the DEWI services. Consumers may receive a copy of information we maintain on them. Such reports can be obtained free of charge once every quarter.
Accuracy: Data furnishers must follow reasonable procedures to assure accuracy of the information they maintain and furnish. When you obtain a copy of your information, you have a right to dispute and have the information reinvestigated and corrected in the data contributor’s database. You may also instruct the data contributor to provide the updated information to us.
Fairness: Information is obtained from various sources including public records sources. However, certain information over a specified time period may not be reported.
Security: This site has security measures in place to protect the loss, misuse and alteration of the information under our control. Portions of our site make extensive use of Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) encryption, the Internet's leading encryption standard, as well as password-like identifying information. SSL is used to encrypt the information being sent between a visitor's computer and our Web site.
Because we take the protection of your data very seriously, you may be asked to "upgrade" your Internet browser to a more recent version if it does not currently support the high levels of SSL encryption that portions of our Web site require.
Your browser should indicate whether or not it is operating in a secure site. Most browsers will display an alert box advising you that you are requesting pages from a secure site and they will ask your permission to continue. Most browsers will also alert you when you are leaving a secure site and, again, ask your permission to continue. However, this alert feature can be turned off within the browser's preferences. If you have doubts about whether or not you are on a secured Web page, contact the Web site's operator to clarify your questions, and DO NOT transmit sensitive information like credit card numbers until you are confident of the page's security.
Subscription Cancellation: If required, you may unsubscribe from this Web site or any newsletter and emails by sending an e-mail to email@example.com
Getting Your Information Corrected: If you are a consumer, you may update or correct your information by sending an e-mail to firstname.lastname@example.org
Point of Contact: If you have any questions about this policy, please contact email@example.com